Chickasaw Bayou Pictures

  • Tony Gunter
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 29, 2005
      I have Chickasaw Bayou pictures in a photo album under the photos
      section. Inexplicably, I deleted the good picture of the actual
      bayou and ended up saving the shot that caught part of my Southern
      Miss sweatshirt (go eagles!).

      Apparently, the "photos" function in yahoo groups only allows for 30
      MEG, so I could only include 17 pictures here... which, as of this
      posting, are still uploading due to my crappy dial-up connection.

      Included are pictures of the muck near Blair's Approach, the location
      of the pontoon, the road between McNutt Lake and the River Swamps,
      the pond near Blake's Levee (artificially high water level due to the
      dam on Thompson Lake), Blake's Levee, the Indian Mound, the field
      swept by the Indian Mound position, and a shot looking down at the
      bayou from on top of the Confederate positions.

      Once these have been posted for a while, I'll clear them out and
      include some other photos: the waterfall beneath Fort Hill on Mint
      Springs Bayou, the bayou fronting Snyder's Bluff, view of the Yazoo
      from Snyder's Bluff, view of Snyder's Bluff from on top of the
      Confederate Chickasaw Bayou positions, Drumgould's Bluff, etc.
    • P. B. Jones
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 29, 2005
        Or maybe it's time we took a look at some of the older files there and cleaned out a few.

        Thanks, Tony.

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 29, 2005
          --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "Tony Gunter" <tony_gunter@y...>
          wrote:

          > I have Chickasaw Bayou pictures in a photo album under the photos
          > section.

          I left the upload running at home, and it appears to have crashed after
          11 photos. I suppose I'll have to drag my photo CD's up to work and
          take care of it here.