Railroads and the national geographic map

  • banbruner@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 22, 2005
      While I really like this map, I was a little put off at the the depiction of the rail lines.  I'm used to seeing the crossties.  So I (I hope y'all don't think this too geeky) took out a fine tipped pen and commenced to draw in my own crossties.  It turned out to be quite educational and I found myself very interested in these rail routes.  But there so many of them (many more than I would have previously imagined) that I thought it may be useful if I limited my study to maybe the 20 or so of most signficant railroads and the reasons for their significance.
      I would greatly appreciate any input any of you out there may have in helping me create this list
      Thank You.
      Bill Bruner