USS Cairo

  • Rick Moody
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 20, 2005
      http://www.nps.gov/vick/cairo/cairo.htm

      To see the raised USS Cairo one of Pooks Turtles.
      The first Ironclad to be sunk by an electronically
      detonated torpedo (mine).

      The Cairo carried thirteen 32 pound Naval smoothbores
      that could fire a solid 32 pound cannon ball about a mile.

      Rick Moody
      r_moody@...

      "It is the duty of every good citizen to use all the opportunities which occur to him, for preserving documents relating to the history of our country." --Thomas Jefferson

      "A great many people in the world do not think as I do about these things. But I care nothing for that. The knowledge that I am right is sufficient for me." -- Mark Twain

      http://mail.yahoo.com