[civilwarwest] Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays

  • The Coys
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 25, 1999
      To all my good friends that I have met in the 'chatroom' and in
      the discussion group....Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

      Remember also, that on December 26, 1862 Rosecrans and the 14th
      Corps began moving towards Murfreesboro and Stones River and that
      General William Starke Rosecrans still DOES NOT have a monument
      at any Civil War battle site. :)

      Kevin S. Coy
    • Dameron McRaven
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 25, 1999
        Coy,
        A very Merry Christmas to you and yours!! I hope y'all have a
        very joyous Holiday Season! Even though I am a staunch member of the S.C.V.
        I do agree that Rosecrans needs a monument of his own. I would suggest that
        the most appropriate place for it would be Corinth Mississippi. There is a
        strong upsurge in preservation in that area at present, and it might be the
        right time for someone to suggest that project to those in charge of the
        Corinth battlefield.

        warm regards,

        Dameron
        > To all my good friends that I have met in the 'chatroom' and in
        > the discussion group....Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.
        >
        > Remember also, that on December 26, 1862 Rosecrans and the 14th
        > Corps began moving towards Murfreesboro and Stones River and that
        > General William Starke Rosecrans still DOES NOT have a monument
        > at any Civil War battle site. :)
        >
        > Kevin S. Coy

        > GET $100 IN COUPONS FOR TRYING GATOR!
        > Grab the Gator! Free software does all the typing for you!
        > Gator fills in forms and remembers passwords with NO TYPING at
        > over 100,000 web sites!

        > -- http://www.egroups.com/docvault/civilwarwest/?m=1

      • Dameron McRaven

          > To all my good friends that I have met in the 'chatroom' and in
          > the discussion group....Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.
          >
          > Remember also, that on December 26, 1862 Rosecrans and the 14th
          > Corps began moving towards Murfreesboro and Stones River and that
          > General William Starke Rosecrans still DOES NOT have a monument
          > at any Civil War battle site. :)
          >
          > Kevin S. Coy

          > GET $100 IN COUPONS FOR TRYING GATOR!
          > Grab the Gator! Free software does all the typing for you!
          > Gator fills in forms and remembers passwords with NO TYPING at
          > over 100,000 web sites!

          > -- http://www.egroups.com/docvault/civilwarwest/?m=1

        • L.A. Chambliss
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 25, 1999
            Coy, Dameron,

            Actually the best place for the Rosecrans Memorial would be the Tullahoma Battlefield.....if only there were one.

            Sun Tsu, I believe it was, wrote that "The supreme art in war consists of winning  without fighting", or something to that effect.  Rosecranz did this in the Tullahoma Campaign, it probably did more to win the war in the West than anything else, and it is unmarked and little remembered.

            So meanwhile I will see what I can do at Stones River, while Dameron works on Corinth. Maybe we can get him TWO! ;-)

            Merry Christmas to all..

            Laurie

            Dameron McRaven wrote:

            Coy,
                           A very Merry Christmas to you and yours!! I hope y'all have a
            very joyous Holiday Season!  Even though I am a staunch member of the S.C.V.
            I do agree that Rosecrans needs a monument of his own. I would suggest that
            the most appropriate place for it would be Corinth Mississippi. There is a
            strong upsurge in preservation  in that area at present, and it might be the
            right time for someone to suggest that project to those in charge of the
            Corinth battlefield.

            warm regards,

            Dameron
            > To all my good friends that I have met in the 'chatroom' and in
            > the discussion group....Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.
            >
            > Remember also, that on December 26, 1862 Rosecrans and the 14th
            > Corps began moving towards Murfreesboro and Stones River and that
            > General William Starke Rosecrans still DOES NOT have a monument
            > at any Civil War battle site. :)
            >
            > Kevin S. Coy

            > GET $100 IN COUPONS FOR TRYING GATOR!
            > Grab the Gator! Free software does all the typing for you!
            > Gator fills in forms and remembers passwords with NO TYPING at
            > over 100,000 web sites!

            > -- http://www.egroups.com/docvault/civilwarwest/?m=1

            Want to send money instantly to anyone, anywhere, anytime?
            You can today at X.com - and we'll give you $20 to try it!  Sign
            up today at X.com.  It's quick, free, & there's no obligation!
            http://click.egroups.com/1/332/1/_/14182/_/946142943

            -- http://www.egroups.com/VoiceChatPage?listName=civilwarwest&m=1

          • L.A. Chambliss