Re: [civilwarwest] NW Alabama

  • lilsteve68@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 30, 2005
      John,

      Don't have a list of Sources, But Towns that had some activity include, Bridgeport, Stevenson & Huntsville.

      Gen. N. B. Forrest chased Able Streight (and his mule brigade) from Tuscumbia to Rome, Ga.

      Just east of Cedar Bluff is the Cornwall Furnace which was a Cold blast furnace which suplied iron ore for the Confederate foundries in Rome, Ga.

      The Army of Tennessee on its way to Tennessee from Georgia in 1864 Skirmished in Gaysville and then passed through Cedar bluff, Gadsden, Brooksville,  Somerville, Decature,  Moulton and Florence.

      Just a few Ideas .

      regards,

      Steven