Gen. James H. Wilson's Raid in North-west Alabama

  • davidbenabraham
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2005
      Does anyone know whether or not Gen. James H. Wilson (of the Federal
      Army during the War Between the States) passed with his soldiers
      through the town of Hamilton, Alabama (then known as "Toll-Gate")
      while en-route to wrecking havoc in the southern parts of that
      State? I do know that a party of his passed through Eldridge,
      Alabama, and I remember reading somewhere that all of the houses but
      two were ravished by another raiding party in the town of Hamilton.
      Can this fact be confirmed? I would appreciate any information on
      this query.
      I may be reached at e-mail:
      Davidbena2@...
      Sincerely,