Re: Wilson's Creek

  • carlw4514
    Message 1 of 33 , Feb 20, 2005
      From what I can tell, this was not responded to by anyone....
      I am quite behind, trying to catch up!

      Ron, Jeff Davis was idiotically having a feud with the Missouri
      Secessionists. This is outlined in Brooksher's BLOODY HILL book.

      Davis had instructed Gen M., basically, to just defend Arkansas, and
      only go into MO if an invasion was imminent.

      if you go back to message 7868 and 25556, some posting on this.

      --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "ron" <ron@s...> wrote:

      > Wonder why McCullough had no use for battle then until ordered by
      Polk?
    • carlw4514
      Message 33 of 33 , Feb 20, 2005
        From what I can tell, this was not responded to by anyone....