Re: World Talk Radio

  • b_schulte70
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 4, 2005
      --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, CAMPAIGN62@A... wrote:
      > IF YOUKNOW OF ANY GOOD GAMES, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. THANKS.

      To elaborate on what James was saying, HPS Simulations
      (www.hpssims.com) has four current Civil War games out currently,
      Campaigns Corinth, Ozark, Franklin, and Gettysburg, and two others are
      well on their way. I've got a fan site for the games at
      www.brettschulte.net/hps_acw.htm

      I also just pruchased Battle of Bull Run: Take Command 1861 from Mad
      Minute Games (www.madminutegames.com). The game looks very moddable
      and I've already set up a fan site for that game as well at
      www.brettschulte.net/MMGACW/

      Other games which I've played in the past and liked are the old
      Talonsoft Battlground games (the predecessors of the HPS series of
      games), Sid Meier's Gettysburg & Sid Meier's Antietam, Sumpter to
      Appomattox by Frank Hunter, and the Civil War scenarios in Age of
      Rifles. Civil War Generals and CWG2 were ahistoric pieces of crap
      IMHO. I never got the sense that I was recreating the Civil War in
      those battles.

      Brett S.