McCullough

  • Laurence D. Schiller
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 24, 2005
      At 10:30 PM +0000 1/24/05, civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      >Wonder why McCullough had no use for battle then until ordered by
      >Polk? If he outnumbered the enemy 2-1 and was facing a comparable
      >foe, you would think he would have been chomping at the bit to
      >fight. Caps for emphasis only.
      >
      >Ron

      Ron - I think a lot of it had to do with his mistrust of the training
      of his troops. Green troops are apt to do anything - stand and fight
      ferociously or run like heck - hard to tell in advance. Plus, M
      wasn't real sure what Lyons had at his disposal either.

      Best,

      laurie Schiller
      --
      Dr. Laurence Dana Schiller