Re: More 23rd IN at Battle of Raymond

  • Tony Gunter
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 13, 2005
      <wh_keene@y...> wrote:

      > Whichever, that was not what I was questioning. You asumed
      > that the brigade rested and ate lunch.

      I see your point, there's nothing to indicate what the 3rd Brigade
      did after deploying, or how much time elapsed after it deployed until
      the engagement broke out.

      But my point was that the entire division had arrived on the field,
      and seemed to be sitting at rest while the 23rd and 31st were moving
      through the woods. Again, keep in mind that the 23rd had time to not
      only move completely across the creek, but then march 350 yards
      through the same jungle that everyone else would have been trying to
      navigate.