Re: Change of mind/opinion

  • Dave Smith
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2005
      Kevin,

      I found your comments interesting. I've found that the longer I
      read, reflect, and expand my knowledge of the Civil War, the more
      ingrained my thoughts become.

      That's not to say that I haven't changed my mind about individuals,
      intent, and understanding.

      Probably the biggest changes, for me, have concerned my thinking of
      George McClellan, Joe Johnston, and John Bell Hood.

      Dave

      --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "The Coys" <thecoys@k...> wrote:
      > How often does everyone change their mind or opinion on
      something? Yesterday (I think) I made a statement that I did not
      think that Wood was being devious in his prompt execution of Rosy's
      order. I also stated that one of the reasons I believed this, is
      that Rosecrans praised Wood for a job well done. Well, when I began
      searching and researching for the praise of Wood by Rosy, I did find
      some statements in the OR in which Rosy did compliment Wood but it
      appeared that he was only passing on info from Thomas, Crittenden,
      and McCook....not necessarily Rosecrans feelings. Now, further
      research and looking in my books and the ORs I'm not so sure that
      Wood did not have ulterior motives. I have more questions now then
      I did yesterday. I may have changed my mind and opinion, again.
      Hmmmm.