Re: [civilwarwest] Re: Prof vs Amateur HIstorians

  • DPowell334@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 2, 2005
      In a message dated 1/1/2005 4:57:17 PM Central Standard Time, LWhite64@... writes:

      Well, beyond training etc, I think one thing that gives Profesional Historians an advantage is their time to be able to do reserach, as well as being able to access sources more easily than a layman.

      Amen.

      I work my poor public Libarians to death at the ILL desk, and they are very successful, but it is often costly to get materials loaned to a non-academic institution. I do a lot of traveling to various institutions, all of which has to fit around my day job.

      Dave Powell