Change of mind/opinion

  • The Coys
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2005
      How often does everyone change their mind or opinion on something?  Yesterday (I think) I made a statement that I did not think that Wood was being devious in his prompt execution of Rosy's order.  I also stated that one of the reasons I believed this, is that Rosecrans praised Wood for a job well done.  Well, when I began searching and researching for the praise of Wood by Rosy, I did find some statements in the OR in which Rosy did compliment Wood but it appeared that he was only passing on info from Thomas, Crittenden, and McCook....not necessarily Rosecrans feelings.  Now, further research and looking in my books and the ORs I'm not so sure that Wood did not have ulterior motives.  I have more questions now then I did yesterday.  I may have changed my mind and opinion, again. Hmmmm.

      Kevin S. Coy

    • Dave Smith
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2005
        Kevin,

        I found your comments interesting. I've found that the longer I
        read, reflect, and expand my knowledge of the Civil War, the more
        ingrained my thoughts become.

        That's not to say that I haven't changed my mind about individuals,
        intent, and understanding.

        Probably the biggest changes, for me, have concerned my thinking of
        George McClellan, Joe Johnston, and John Bell Hood.

        Dave