Re: [civilwarwest] Re: Where are these battlefields

  • James L. Choron
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 22, 2004
      All,

      I think that the top one is from Pea Ridge. I seem to remember seeing something very similar there.  I have not a clue about the bottom one.

      Jim

      "Truth, crushed to the ground, shall rise again".
      -- Governor Earl K. Long of Louisiana --

      "People are always telling me to "give 'em Hell"...
      I don't have to. I just tell the truth, and most of
      'em think it's Hell".
      -- President Harry S. Truman --

      "I have realized in our country that one class of men makes war and leaves another to fight it out."
      -- William T. Sherman --
      I have no idea...but with the clue given I will guess...Shiloh and Corinth? :)

      Kevin S. Coy
      I am going to start a series of pics of battlefields.  The object of these is for you to identify the battlefields.  They are all from battles fought in the Western theater.  Here are the first two and they are separate battle locations.

      Number 1

      Number two

      Best Regards
      JEJ

      "I have realized in our country that one class of
      men makes war and leaves another to fight it out."
             - William T. Sherman

    • carlw4514
      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 23, 2004
        I havent seen the pics but one of him has to be Richmond KY, knowing Wayne

        --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "The Coys" <thecoys@k...> wrote:
        > I have no idea...but with the clue given I will guess...Shiloh and
        Corinth? :)

        > Kevin S. Coy

        Service.
      • GnrlJEJohnston@aol.com
        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 24, 2004
          I realize that many of you are not able to travel and visit battlefields in the Western theater.  In lieu of not only continuing with trivia photos, I will send URL's that you can view other sites as well.  Picture in you mind if you will, the terrain and the conditions that existed at the time of the battle,  Here is the first URL.  http://www.civilwaralbum.com/atlanta/pans_kennesaw.htm  At this time, I would like to personally thank those that took these pictures and took the time to put them on the web so all can learn and enjoy.,

          Best Regards
          JEJ