Re: Review of Heatherington's BEYOND THE RIVER

  • hank9174
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 10, 2004
      --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "carlw4514" <carlw4514@y...>
      wrote:

      > Omigod, Madelon, no question in my mind that this person is someone
      > you made an enemy of at some time, getting revenge now!
      > Uh, does this mean my personally autographed copy [which is in the
      > mail I'm sure] has gone down in value?
      > [vbg]
      > Carl

      Even it's detractors mention it in the same sentence as 'Red Badge of
      Courage', 'Across Five Aprils' and 'Banners at Shenandoah'...

      HankC
    • Harry Smeltzer
      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 10, 2004
        Hank,

        If I ever run for office, you're my man.

        Harry

        > Omigod, Madelon, no question in my mind that this person is someone
        > you made an enemy of at some time, getting revenge now!
        > Uh, does this mean my personally autographed copy [which is in the
        > mail I'm sure] has gone down in value?
        > [vbg]
        > Carl

        Even it's detractors mention it in the same sentence as 'Red Badge of
        Courage', 'Across Five Aprils' and 'Banners at Shenandoah'...

        HankC
      • Daniel Giallombardo
        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 10, 2004

                                                          Madelon,

                      Is this banana who wrote this so called review, talking about the same book I’m reading/enjoying so thoroughly? I suspect not. What an ass.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxDan

          Message 4 of 16 , Nov 10, 2004

                                                            Not to gloat Carl, but I’m halfway through my autographed copy. And, I’ve no idea of what book this so called literary critic is writing.------------Dan

            --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com , "M. E. Heatherington"

            http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/customer-reviews/0595326676/ref=cm_rev_sort/103-0560029-5688604?customer-reviews.sort_by=-OverallRating&me=ATVPDKIKX0DER&x=10&y=10

            > I wonder if he/she read the book at all?
            >
            > Madelon

          • Tom Mix
            Message 5 of 16 , Nov 10, 2004

              Some people just love to criticize and demean others thoroughly enjoying the assume attention they “receive” when in reality they are just saying “Hey, I’m an egotistical idiot and I’m going to prove it.” He proved it. The moron.

              It is a darn good book.

              Tom

              <meheath@m...> wrote:
              > Just to keep things balanced, here's the URL for a second Amazon
              review of BEYOND THE RIVER, by the aptly nom de plum'd "Sharp Penn":

              http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/customer-reviews/0595326676/ref=cm_rev_sort/103-0560029-5688604?customer-reviews.sort_by=-OverallRating&me=ATVPDKIKX0DER&x=10&y=10

              > I wonder if he/she read the book at all?
              >
              > Madelon

            • P. B. Jones
              Message 6 of 16 , Nov 10, 2004
                Sounds to me like there are some new potential amazon reviews brewing out there.  ;)

                <meheath@m...> wrote:
                > Just to keep things balanced, here's the URL for a second Amazon
                review of BEYOND THE RIVER, by the aptly nom de plum'd "Sharp Penn":

                http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/customer-reviews/0595326676/ref=cm_rev_sort/103-0560029-5688604?customer-reviews.sort_by=-OverallRating&me=ATVPDKIKX0DER&x=10&y=10

                > I wonder if he/she read the book at all?
                >
                > Madelon

              • hank9174
                Message 7 of 16 , Nov 11, 2004
                  --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "Harry Smeltzer" <hjs21@c...>
                  wrote:
                  > Hank,
                  >
                  > If I ever run for office, you're my man.
                  >
                  > Harry

                  LOL

                  Here are slogans from other campaigns that hired me:

                  Experience counts - Nixon 1960

                  In your heart you know he's right - Goldwater 1964

                  He's making us proud again - Ford 1976

                  America Needs a Change - Mondale 1984

                  Vote for me! - Dukakis 1988 (sorry, not much to work with...)

                  HankC
                • Tom Mix
                  Message 8 of 16 , Nov 11, 2004
                    Quite a resume. I high degree of consistent results. By chance did you
                    help prosecute O.J.?

                    > If I ever run for office, you're my man.
                    >
                    > Harry

                    LOL

                    Here are slogans from other campaigns that hired me:

                    Experience counts - Nixon 1960

                    In your heart you know he's right - Goldwater 1964

                    He's making us proud again - Ford 1976

                    America Needs a Change - Mondale 1984

                    Vote for me! - Dukakis 1988 (sorry, not much to work with...)

                    HankC

                    Yahoo! Groups Links