Re: [civilwarwest] Re: Cleburnes shot at Corp CO [was : Who would have been t...

  • SDE80@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 10, 2004
      In a message dated 11/10/2004 9:23:31 AM Eastern Standard Time, ted_savas@... writes:

      I think the best assessment of this issue (still) of Confederate
      command options in the west was in a book I had the pleasure of
      editing eleven years ago, an essay written by Steven Woodworth
      entitled "A Reassessment of Confederate Command Optons during the
      Winter of 1863-1864," in "The Campaign for Atlanta &Sherman's March
      to the Sea," vol. 1-2 (Savas Woodbury, 1993), vol. 1, pp. 1-22. It
      is long out of print so I am not shilling to sell it, but if you
      want to read about the Atlanta Campaign, I think you will find it of
      interest.

      Woodworth effectively incorporated it into part of a chapter of Jefferson Davis and His Generals.  It was a good essay.

      Sam Elliott