John H Winders sons

  • Andrew Turnier
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2004
      I have for the life of me have been trying to find some
      information that i just could not find.
      John H Winder was in charge of all of the prison east of the
      Mississippi. Two of his children fought for the confederacy. Robert
      and Charles. One child stayed in the union and his name is Andrew.
      the only reason why i am interested is because he as in charge of
      Alcatraz and he took pictures of the construction show congress how it
      was progressing. the problem with this is that it showed the guns as
      being dismantle. He was put on a black list becuae his family was in
      the confederacy. The Winders are and old MD family dateing back to
      the revoutionaary war.
      Am I wrong at that. I remember reading this fact over 10 years
      ago and just can't find it right now. it was in an american heritage.
      HELP I know that if anyone would be able to support me in this fact
      it would be some one here.

      andrew Turnier