Re: [civilwarwest] Re: Who am I?

  • Jfepperson@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 4, 2004
      In a message dated 11/4/2004 1:36:21 PM Eastern Standard Time, "hank9174" <clarkc@...> writes:

      >I left out the Wilderness 'Lee to the rear' episode figuring that
      >would make it tooo easy ;)

      Actually, the giveaway was being killed in front of Richmond.
      Very few officers started in the west and then moved east,
      and even fewer were killed.

      JFE
    • William H Keene
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 4, 2004
        --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, Jfepperson@a... wrote:
        > In a message dated 11/4/2004 1:36:21 PM Eastern Standard Time, "hank9174"
        <clarkc@m...> writes:

        > >I left out the Wilderness 'Lee to the rear' episode figuring that
        > >would make it tooo easy ;)
        >
        > Actually, the giveaway was being killed in front of Richmond.
        > Very few officers started in the west and then moved east,
        > and even fewer were killed.
        >
        > JFE

        Since this is a western theater group, I found the giveways to be Texas-Donelson-
        Raymond-Chickamauga.
      • Paul Liu
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 4, 2004

          Maybe I missread some of the emails or maybe I didn't get the email with the answer on it. But who was it?

          >From: Jfepperson@...
          >To: civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: Re: [civilwarwest] Re: Who am I?
          >Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 15:34:02 -0500
          >
          >In a message dated 11/4/2004 1:36:21 PM Eastern Standard Time, "hank9174" <clarkc@...> writes:
          >

          > >I left out the Wilderness 'Lee to the rear' episode figuring that
          > >would make it tooo easy ;)
          >
          >Actually, the giveaway was being killed in front of Richmond.
          >Very few officers started in the west and then moved east,
          >and even fewer were killed.
          >
          >JFE

          Open your e-mail without having to worry about viruses with MSN Premium: Join now and get the first two months FREE*
        • Jfepperson@aol.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 5, 2004
            In a message dated 11/4/2004 9:49:24 PM Eastern Standard Time, stupid1961@... writes:
            Maybe I missread some of the emails or maybe I didn't get the email with the answer on it. But who was it?
            John Gregg

            JFE
          • hank9174
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 5, 2004
              --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Liu" <stupid1961@h...>
              wrote:

              "John Gregg was born in Lawrence County, Alabama, on September 28,
              1828. He graduated from La Grange College and studied law in
              Tuscumbia. After moving to Fairfield, Texas, he was elected a
              district judge, and was a member of the state secession convention.

              Gregg served on the Provisional Confederate Congress until after the
              First Battle of Bull Run in July of 1861.

              He returned to Texas, and joined the state Confederate forces. The
              regiment was captured in the surrender of Fort Donelson, but Gregg
              was promoted to brigadier general on August 29, 1862, after he was
              exchanged.

              He participated in the Vicksburg Campaign, and was part of the
              Confederate victory at Chickamauga. Gregg was seriously wounded at
              Chickamauga, but recovered and took command of Lt. Gen. John B.
              Hood's Texas Brigade. Gregg led the Hood's Texas Brigade at the
              Battles of the Wilderness, Spotsylvania, Cold Harbor and Petersburg.
              He was also active in the Petersburg Campaign.

              Gregg was killed on October 7, 1864, while he was leading a
              counterattack on the Darbytown Road. He was buried in Aberdeen,
              Mississippi." - http://www.multied.com/Bio/CWcGENS/CSAGregg.html

              HankC