Review of Heatherington's BEYOND THE RIVER

  • M. E. Heatherington
    Message 1 of 16 , Oct 27, 2004
    • William H Keene
      Message 2 of 16 , Oct 27, 2004
        --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "M. E. Heatherington" <meheath@m...> wrote:
        > Check out this review at Amazon.com (sorry the URL is so long):
        >
        > http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/customer-reviews/0595326676/
        ref=cm_rev_all_1/103-0560029-5688604?%5Fencoding=UTF8&me=ATVPDKIKX0DER

        Congratulations.
      • aot1952
        Message 3 of 16 , Oct 27, 2004
          ditto... and no I am NOT a Rush L. fan.!
          Wakefield

          > Congratulations.
        • Tom Mix
          Message 4 of 16 , Oct 27, 2004
            Ditto...... and same here!

            ditto... and no I am NOT a Rush L. fan.!
            Wakefield

            > Congratulations.

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • GnrlJEJohnston@aol.com
            Message 5 of 16 , Oct 27, 2004
              In a message dated 10/27/2004 6:08:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time, aot1952@... writes:
              ditto... and no I am NOT a Rush L. fan.!
              Wakefield

              > Congratulations.
              And Steve doesn't even look like Rush

              Best Regards
              JEJ

              "I have realized in our country that one class of
              men makes war and leaves another to fight it out."
                     - William T. Sherman

            • Daniel Giallombardo
              Message 6 of 16 , Oct 28, 2004

                                                                Most impressive !   I forget (wow, there’s a shock)has  your publisher shipped my book  to you yet? Love ya noble onexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxDan

                Message 7 of 16 , Nov 10, 2004
                  Just to keep things balanced, here's the URL for a second Amazon review of BEYOND THE RIVER, by the aptly nom de plum'd "Sharp Penn":

                  I wonder if he/she read the book at all?

                  Madelon
                • carlw4514
                  Message 8 of 16 , Nov 10, 2004
                    Omigod, Madelon, no question in my mind that this person is someone
                    you made an enemy of at some time, getting revenge now!
                    Uh, does this mean my personally autographed copy [which is in the
                    mail I'm sure] has gone down in value?
                    [vbg]
                    Carl

                    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/customer-reviews/0595326676/ref=cm_rev_sort/103-0560029-5688604?customer-reviews.sort_by=-OverallRating&me=ATVPDKIKX0DER&x=10&y=10

                    > I wonder if he/she read the book at all?
                    >
                    > Madelon
                  • hank9174
                    Message 9 of 16 , Nov 10, 2004
                      --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "carlw4514" <carlw4514@y...>
                      wrote:

                      > Omigod, Madelon, no question in my mind that this person is someone
                      > you made an enemy of at some time, getting revenge now!
                      > Uh, does this mean my personally autographed copy [which is in the
                      > mail I'm sure] has gone down in value?
                      > [vbg]
                      > Carl

                      Even it's detractors mention it in the same sentence as 'Red Badge of
                      Courage', 'Across Five Aprils' and 'Banners at Shenandoah'...

                      HankC
                    • Harry Smeltzer
                      Message 10 of 16 , Nov 10, 2004
                        Hank,

                        If I ever run for office, you're my man.

                        Harry

                        Message 11 of 16 , Nov 10, 2004

                                                                          Madelon,

                                      Is this banana who wrote this so called review, talking about the same book I’m reading/enjoying so thoroughly? I suspect not. What an ass.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxDan

                          Message 12 of 16 , Nov 10, 2004

                                                                            Not to gloat Carl, but I’m halfway through my autographed copy. And, I’ve no idea of what book this so called literary critic is writing.------------Dan

                            <meheath@m...> wrote:
                            > Just to keep things balanced, here's the URL for a second Amazon
                            review of BEYOND THE RIVER, by the aptly nom de plum'd "Sharp Penn":

                            http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/customer-reviews/0595326676/ref=cm_rev_sort/103-0560029-5688604?customer-reviews.sort_by=-OverallRating&me=ATVPDKIKX0DER&x=10&y=10

                            > I wonder if he/she read the book at all?
                            >
                            > Madelon

                          • Tom Mix
                            Message 13 of 16 , Nov 10, 2004

                              Some people just love to criticize and demean others thoroughly enjoying the assume attention they “receive” when in reality they are just saying “Hey, I’m an egotistical idiot and I’m going to prove it.” He proved it. The moron.

                              It is a darn good book.

                              Tom

                              <meheath@m...> wrote:
                              > Just to keep things balanced, here's the URL for a second Amazon
                              review of BEYOND THE RIVER, by the aptly nom de plum'd "Sharp Penn":

                              http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/customer-reviews/0595326676/ref=cm_rev_sort/103-0560029-5688604?customer-reviews.sort_by=-OverallRating&me=ATVPDKIKX0DER&x=10&y=10

                              > I wonder if he/she read the book at all?
                              >
                              > Madelon

                            • P. B. Jones
                              Message 14 of 16 , Nov 10, 2004
                                Sounds to me like there are some new potential amazon reviews brewing out there.  ;)

                                <meheath@m...> wrote:
                                > Just to keep things balanced, here's the URL for a second Amazon
                                review of BEYOND THE RIVER, by the aptly nom de plum'd "Sharp Penn":

                                http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/customer-reviews/0595326676/ref=cm_rev_sort/103-0560029-5688604?customer-reviews.sort_by=-OverallRating&me=ATVPDKIKX0DER&x=10&y=10

                                > I wonder if he/she read the book at all?
                                >
                                > Madelon

                              • hank9174
                                Message 15 of 16 , Nov 11, 2004
                                  --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "Harry Smeltzer" <hjs21@c...>
                                  wrote:
                                  > Hank,
                                  >
                                  > If I ever run for office, you're my man.
                                  >
                                  > Harry

                                  LOL

                                  Here are slogans from other campaigns that hired me:

                                  Experience counts - Nixon 1960

                                  In your heart you know he's right - Goldwater 1964

                                  He's making us proud again - Ford 1976

                                  America Needs a Change - Mondale 1984

                                  Vote for me! - Dukakis 1988 (sorry, not much to work with...)

                                  HankC
                                • Tom Mix
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Nov 11, 2004
                                    Quite a resume. I high degree of consistent results. By chance did you
                                    help prosecute O.J.?