Re: [civilwarwest] William B. Carter Photo

  • jack
    Message 1 of 23 , Oct 19, 2004
      I was able to track down copy of Carter at age 49 from the Tennessee State
      Library and Archives. BTW, the genealogical research turns Carter up as
      having Melungeon ancestry; he also was known as "Black Bill." Since two of
      his brothers were Union officers, it's made the research quite revealing
      about Tennessee society.

      On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 12:51:37 -0400, Jfepperson wrote