Re: [civilwarwest] Concerning "what if"

  • H. D. Frieda, Jr.
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 6, 2004
      Pat,

      Thank you.  I am new to this group and certainly did not want to offend anyone.  I realize we could get carried away with "what if's", however, I have always found it fascinating that both Grant and Sherman were so unsure of themselves at the beginning of the war, yet became close friends and, if nothing else, shorten the time of a Union Victory. I just wanted to get other viewopoints.

      Mike