Re: [civilwarwest] Re: Champion Hill

  • Mary Hawthorne
    Message 1 of 49 , Oct 3, 2004
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "carlw4514" <carlw4514@...>
      To: <civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sunday, October 03, 2004 2:56 PM
      Subject: [civilwarwest] Re: Champion Hill

      > I Presume this is Champion Hill: Decisive Battle for Vicksburg
      > by Timothy B. Smith, my comments below yours

      Since I am planning on joining some of the members of this forum at
      Vicksburg next June for our yearly gathering, I am trying to read about the
      campaign to further aquaint myself with that campaign. I just happen to see
      the Smith book in the book store today and was wondering what you folks who
      know more about the west than myself think of that book or if you think
      there is another better I would appreciate knowing.
      thanks bluelady
    • William Gower
      Message 49 of 49 , Dec 15, 2004

        Has Ed Bearss made any comments or has he given a review on the book, “Champion Hill Decisive Battle for Vicksburg” by Timothy B. Smith?