US Regulars

  • Norris Darrall
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 3, 2004
      Had a reason to spend a weekend at Stones River NBP in July. I can
      not leave an NPS bookstore with making at least one purchase. This
      time I picked up two. The first was Sam's book on Stewart, nice job
      Sam, I had not appreciated him before your book.

      I think of myself as frugle (my wife says cheap) and suffer at
      spending over $35 for a book. I visited the bookstore three times
      before I picked up "That Body of Brave Men" by Mark Johnson. Am
      about half way through (past Stones River) and do not regret the
      money spent. Fills a hole in my library and well worth the price.
      Readable, Savas quality maps, and filled with first person accounts
      as well as solid historical documentation.
    • SDE80@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 3, 2004
        In a message dated 10/3/2004 1:43:52 PM Eastern Standard Time, norrisdarrall@... writes:
        Had a reason to spend a weekend at Stones River NBP in July.  I can
        not leave an NPS bookstore with making at least one purchase.  This
        time I picked up two.  The first was Sam's book on Stewart, nice job
        Sam, I had not appreciated him before your book.
        Thanks.   I'm pleased you thought it worthwhile.