Braxton Bragg

  • William Gower
    Message 1 of 64 , Sep 18, 2004

      Are there any good balanced books about Braxton Bragg?  I don’t think that he was a military genius but on the other hand, I don’t think that he was that terrible of a general in the long run but more of a victim of bad subordinates who refused orders and lack of troops needed to win the battles.

    • rbaquero@netzero.net
      Message 64 of 64 , Oct 30, 2006

         To compare Braxton with Thomas is impossible, StoneWall was one of the BEST Generals and officers in the Confederate Army in all ways ! .." Jackson lost his left arm but I lost my Right one "...Gen Robert Lee