Re: [civilwarwest] Forrest and one of those damn Smith's

  • GnrlJEJohnston@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2004
      OK, I goofed and got my Smith's mixed up.  The problem is that at the Battle of Tupelo. I consider S.D. Lee in command of the Confederate Cavalry at that battle (which he was) not Forrest.  Although the Confederates lost more in that battle (they were fighting a force almost twice their size) than the Feds did, it was Smith that turned tail and headed North.

      Best Regards
      JEJ

      "I have realized in our country that one class of
      men makes war and leaves another to fight it out."
             - William T. Sherman