RE: [civilwarwest] Re: Jewery in the Civil war

  • Harry Smeltzer
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 2, 2004
      What's all this talk about jewelry in the Civil War? Has this turned into
      some sort of fashion forum?

      What's that?

      Oh, never mind.

      Emily Lattele
    • GnrlJEJohnston@aol.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 2, 2004
        In a message dated 9/2/2004 3:54:41 PM Eastern Standard Time, Lord_Jim@... writes:
        By the way, as an afterthough and commentary on an earlier post, Judah P.
        Benjamin did, briefly hold slaves,but not for a prolonged period. At the
        time of the war, he was the only member of the Confederate Cabinet who was
        not a slave owner.

        Jim
        And he was also the best friend that JEJ had within the Confederate government.

        Best Regards
        JEJ

        "I have realized in our country that one class of
        men makes war and leaves another to fight it out."
               - William T. Sherman

      • Sam Shurtleff
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 2, 2004
          --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "Harry Smeltzer" <hjs21@c...>
          wrote:
          > What's all this talk about jewelry in the Civil War? Has this
          turned into
          > some sort of fashion forum?
          >
          > What's that?
          >
          > Oh, never mind.