Re: [civilwarwest] Re: American Jewry in the Civil War..

  • James L. Choron
    Message 1 of 34 , Sep 1, 2004
      Tracy,

      It's not "racist groups", it's an overall thought process and sentiment.
      While it was not organized, anti-semitism, just like anti-catholocism
      existed and was just under the surface in many places both North and South.
      I was not implying that it was organized. Grant was hardly a biggot, but his
      order reflected the mood of the day to a great extent.

      Jim

      Message 34 of 34 , Sep 3, 2004
        In  addition, the Ammens lived up on the square in Georgetown and Jake got Grant interested in going to college. And becoming a math professor.

        Take care,

        Bob

        Judy and Bob Huddleston
        10643 Sperry Street