CSA leaders

  • Laurence D. Schiller
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31, 2004
      At 10:07 PM +0000 8/31/04, civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      >Here are few other CSA leaders you might consider above-average in
      >ability:
      >
      >Manigault
      >Gist
      >Richard Taylor [trans-Mississippi]
      >Hardee
      >Sterling Price[?]
      >Joe Shelby
      >
      >ArtorBart

      Greetings Art - I'd agree on all but Price. Price was not a very good
      general. His Missouri campaigns are studies in indecision, poor
      decisions, and general inability. Another not very good political
      general.

      Best,

      Laurie Schiller
      --
      Dr. Laurence Dana Schiller 19th Century Personalities
      Maitre d'Armes William Bradshaw, Co. F 2nd WI
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 31, 2004
        In a message dated 8/31/2004 8:23:09 PM Eastern Standard Time, LDS307@... writes:
        Price was not a very good
        general.
        On the other hand Laurie, Price did do a reasonable job at Iuka and would have been successful if Van Dorn had helped with reinforcements, but lover boy declined to help him in any way.  Tis a shame that Little got killed for he was a bower to Price.

        JEJ
      • carlw4514
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 31, 2004
          Wayne, have wanted to study Little's career, but finding nothing
          except a bit on his Pea Ridge contribution. What have you found on him?
          Carl