1861 Camps in Northern TN

  • Steven
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 25, 2004
      Hello all.

      Some of you may have seen my post of about 1 month ago regarding Camp
      Boone, Montgomery Co., TN, July-Oct. 1861. Our efforts are going
      strong and good in the developement of a Friends of Camp Boone
      organization.

      Right now we are doing a lot of historical research on Camps Boone,
      Burnett, Quarles, Breckinridge, and Duncan in Montogmery County. Has
      anyone out there ever researched these camps? If so, we would love
      to share material. We are working on creating a Civil War Heritage
      Site touring map for this region and long term interpretation and
      preservation of what may be left of Camps Boone and Burnett. We are
      also looking for researchers of the 2nd, 3rd, 4th KY INF and Byrne's
      and Cobb's battery during the May 1861-May 1862 period.

      Thanks to all who can contribute!

      Steven Stewart
      Chief Curator
      Customs House Museum and Cultural Center
      Clarksville, TN
      steven@...