RE: [civilwarwest] Southern Preservation

  • Daniel Giallombardo
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 23, 2004

                                                                  Ron,

                              I have been to Vicksburg , and in honesty, there is a strong comparison. There are monuments galore, the field is “walk able,” and the ambiance most evocative. Painfully evocative when one looks upon some of the monuments placed and considers the blood drawn – in both places.

                              I’ve just returned from South Carolina , and I agree with your assessment of the “preservation - mentality” there. The attitude is not one of vengeance, but one of restoration of artifacts  which are considered local treasures.  My best---Dan