New HPS game Campaign Gettysburg

  • b_schulte70
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2004
      Note: I am an uncompensated playtester for HPS Simulations and I run
      an unofficial add-on website for these games:

      http://www.brettschulte.net/hps_acw.htm

      If any moderator feels that this post violates the message board
      rules, feel free to delete this immediately. I just wanted to give
      any wargamers out there among the Yahoo Civil War groups the
      opportunity to check this game out (and Corinth, Ozark, and Franklin,
      which are all western campaigns and the other games in this series).

      HPS Simulations (http://www.hpssims.com) will release their new Civil
      War game Campaign Gettysburg this Friday, August 6.

      ***IT WILL NOT SHOW UP ON HPS' WEBSITE UNTIL THE AFTERNOON OF FRIDAY
      AUGUST 6.***

      Campaign Gettsyburg features a matrix-based campaign tree which
      allows each side to make choices. Tactical battles are then fought
      at the regimental scale based on these choices. The game features
      around 314 standalone scenarios and over 1500 scenarios that are used
      as a result of choices made during the campaign. The campaign lasts
      from early June 1863 through the middle of July. Battles featured
      include Brandy Station, Second Winchester, Gettysburg, and Falling
      Waters. The maps are extremely large, and should allow plenty of
      opportunities for opponents to fight a battle at the time and place
      of their choosing.

      There is also a Civil War Gaming Club which plays these HPS games and
      the earlier Talonsoft Battleground games. It is located at:

      http://www.wargame.ch/wc/acw/ACWmainpage.htm

      Brett S.