Re: [civilwarwest] Worms

  • DORR64OVI@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3, 2004
      In a message dated 8/3/2004 9:37:16 PM Eastern Standard Time, LDS307@... writes:

      Art - yes, there was a bullet puller called a worm. On an Enfield you
      screw it onto the threads at the end of the rammer and you can get a
      bullet out. Sergeants often carried these tools. Hope that helps.

      Best,

      Laurie Schiller

      Actually, a worm and and a ball puller are two different muskets tools.  A ball puller is as described, with a screw end to insert into the lodged ball for removal.  A worm is a circular hook to be used to retrieve lost patches..  I carry both in the implement pouch of my cartridge box.

      Kent Dorr
      64th OVI, Co A