Re: [civilwarwest] Brand new member

  • basecat1@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 3, 2004
      In a message dated 8/4/2004 1:14:40 AM Eastern Daylight Time, GnrlJEJohnston@... writes:

      Steve is just biased because he knows that East is Least and West is Best

      JEJ

      JEJ,

      Not at all.  Still not over dealing with Sickles at Gettysburg, and know I will need my strength when I finally tackle Bragg and others out your way. :)  That said, have been reading a lot of late about the war out that way, and next June I will be making the pilgrimage to Vicksburg for the first time.  Interested to see how the 4th of July, 1863 was celebrated out that way for a change..:)

      Hope all is well.

      Regards from the Garden State,

      Steve Basic
    • aot1952
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 4, 2004
        Hey, don't the new members have to buy everyone donuts or something?
        Regards-
        Wakefield
        "Retreat? Hell we just got here!"
      • b_schulte70
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 4, 2004
          I'd prefer a beer if he's buying! ;-)

          Brett S.

        • GnrlJEJohnston@aol.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 4, 2004
            In a message dated 8/4/2004 2:16:59 AM Eastern Standard Time, basecat1@... writes:
            Interested to see how the 4th of July, 1863 was celebrated out that way for a change..:)
            Bring your rifle, handgun, cannon, or if nothing else, M-80's or some other form of firecrackers, bottle rockets, roman candles, etc.  Mainly however, something that makes a big bang.

            JEJ
          • Eric
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 4, 2004
              Rebel Yell Whiskey