Re: [civilwarwest] Re: Chickamauga park events

  • LWhite64@aol.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 3, 2004
      Art,
              Im glad you enjoyed your trip through the park, I was one of the Rangers that you spoke to at the Information desk, I didnt know who you were at that time.

      Lee
    • Art Bagley
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 4, 2004
        Good evening, Lee...

        First visited Chickamauga in 2000 and immediately knew it'd be at
        least a two-visit park. Now that I made it back for the "second
        helping" a few weeks ago, I'll revise my estimate and say there's
        enough for at least two MORE trips there for a total of four.

        From the 2000 trip, for some reason, the most ingrained memory I had
        was the Mark Thrash cabin site; however, my mind was faulty in that
        I believed the actual cabin was still extant. But when I walked up
        to the display this time, I realized that the only cabin at the site
        is in the photograph on the info plaque.

        By the way, did the Visitors' Center store ever get in the park's
        souvenir "lapel pin" shipment? I left my name, address and phone #
        with a store clerk (a young woman) but have not heard back. Does the
        store have a separate website? Thanx!

        Art Bagley
        Tampa, FL

        --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, LWhite64@a... wrote:
        > Art,
        > Im glad you enjoyed your trip through the park, I was one
        of the
        > Rangers that you spoke to at the Information desk, I didnt know
        who you were at
        > that time.
        >
        > Lee
      • Art Bagley
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 4, 2004
          Good evening, Lee...

          First visited Chickamauga in 2000 and immediately knew it'd be at
          least a two-visit park. Now that I made it back for the "second
          helping" a few weeks ago, I'll revise my estimate and say there's
          enough for at least two MORE trips there for a total of four.

          From the 2000 trip, for some reason, the most ingrained memory I had