Re: Chickamauga park events

  • Art Bagley
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 3, 2004
      Hello Dave...

      Like I mentioned in another thread, I plan on venturing to northwest
      Georgia when Cleburne's statue is dedicated at Ringgold.
      Chickamauga's just around the corner from there and I could easily be
      pursuaded to revisit that field and meet up with you. I'll keep in
      touch, for sure.

      Art B. in Fla.

      > Yes, Trigg's guys were critical in flanking what was left of the
      Snodgrass
      > line, and helped take the 21 and 89 Ohio, and the 21 Mich.
      >
      > I am very fond of Stovall's approach, as it makes an interesting
      entree into
      > the Union lines from the North, against what is usually assumed to
      be Thomas'
      > impervious line around Kelly Field. Stovall and half of Adams
      actually
      > fulfilled Bragg's objective on the 20th, turned Rosecrans' North
      flank, and
      > interposed themselves between Rosey and Chattanooga. Unsupported,
      they were kicked out
      > again fairly quickly, but their success highlights the problems
      Rosey was

    • LWhite64@aol.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 3, 2004
        Art,
                Im glad you enjoyed your trip through the park, I was one of the Rangers that you spoke to at the Information desk, I didnt know who you were at that time.

        Lee
      • Art Bagley
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 4, 2004
          Good evening, Lee...

          First visited Chickamauga in 2000 and immediately knew it'd be at
          least a two-visit park. Now that I made it back for the "second
          helping" a few weeks ago, I'll revise my estimate and say there's
          enough for at least two MORE trips there for a total of four.

          From the 2000 trip, for some reason, the most ingrained memory I had
          was the Mark Thrash cabin site; however, my mind was faulty in that
          I believed the actual cabin was still extant. But when I walked up
          to the display this time, I realized that the only cabin at the site
          is in the photograph on the info plaque.

          By the way, did the Visitors' Center store ever get in the park's
          souvenir "lapel pin" shipment? I left my name, address and phone #
          with a store clerk (a young woman) but have not heard back. Does the
          store have a separate website? Thanx!

          Art Bagley
          Tampa, FL

          --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, LWhite64@a... wrote:
          > Art,
          > Im glad you enjoyed your trip through the park, I was one
          of the
          > Rangers that you spoke to at the Information desk, I didnt know
          who you were at
          > that time.
          >
          > Lee
        • Art Bagley
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 4, 2004
            Good evening, Lee...

            First visited Chickamauga in 2000 and immediately knew it'd be at
            least a two-visit park. Now that I made it back for the "second
            helping" a few weeks ago, I'll revise my estimate and say there's
            enough for at least two MORE trips there for a total of four.

            From the 2000 trip, for some reason, the most ingrained memory I had