Re: CW MO

  • Jack Hultquist
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 28, 2004
      MSG # 11719 and # 11810
      have information about the
      Battle at Lone Jack.

      Lone Jack, Jackson Co., Mo
      August 1862

      ...........   But in spite of all their efforts they were compelled to surrender, losing a great many lives and two pieces of artillery.  The most of our men escaped, and I do not no whether any of our own boys were taken prisoners or not.  They [rebels]treated our wounded [Major Foster, etc.] first rate [no abuse].  Firstday [Sunday] evening ambulances came from Lexington under a flag of truce and took all our wounded to Lexington Mo.  I will now go to where I left the house and went to the guns.  We marched on to a field and formed in line of battle.  Reports soon came to the Genrl that they were surrounding us. .....