CW MO

  • davbonlam@netzero.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 24, 2004
      Hi!

      I am trying to find all I can about battles & shirmishes in Jackson

      county mo.

      where were the wounded cared for and what local women served as nurses?

      What troops and militia were in the area? any details of Quantrill's

      activities during summer of 1863 (before Lawrence).

      I live in Denver-can't visit mo. museums and can't get any good

      specific info on line. I will appreciate any help.

      thank you

      Bonnie L
    • Margaret Bardgett
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 24, 2004
        For the desired information, I suggest you contact author Carolyn Bartels;
        she also owns Two Trails Publishing Co and Little Dixie Book Shop.  She
        lives & works in Jackson Co Mo. Has written many books on local Civil War
        Phone #s are 816-836-8258 or 816-252-9696
        She can suggest some titles which your local library could probably obtain
        from inter-library loan if it does not have them.

        "davbonlam@..." <davbonlam@...> wrote:

        Hi!

        I am trying to find all I can about battles & shirmishes in Jackson

        county mo.

        where were the wounded cared for and what local women served as nurses?

        What troops and militia were in the area? any details of Quantrill's

        activities during summer of 1863 (before Lawrence).

        I live in Denver-can't visit mo. museums and can't get any good

        specific info on line. I will appreciate any help.

        thank you

        Bonnie L

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/GmiolB/TM

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Jack Hultquist
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 28, 2004
          MSG # 11719 and # 11810
          have information about the
          Battle at Lone Jack.

          Lone Jack, Jackson Co., Mo
          August 1862

          ...........   But in spite of all their efforts they were compelled to surrender, losing a great many lives and two pieces of artillery.  The most of our men escaped, and I do not no whether any of our own boys were taken prisoners or not.  They [rebels]treated our wounded [Major Foster, etc.] first rate [no abuse].  Firstday [Sunday] evening ambulances came from Lexington under a flag of truce and took all our wounded to Lexington Mo.  I will now go to where I left the house and went to the guns.  We marched on to a field and formed in line of battle.  Reports soon came to the Genrl that they were surrounding us. .....