[civilwarwest] Re: Oops!

  • L.A. Chambliss
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 12, 1999
      Ahem....

      For those of you who may be new to email lists, let it be noted that it is I,
      the "old veteran", who committed the first official "Oops!" on this here
      board.

      An "oops!" is defined as writing back to the entire list a reply that was
      intended to be sent by private mail to the person being responded to. The
      correct way to do this is to hit "reply" as usual, but then take out the group
      address ("civilwarwest@...") and substitute the personal address of
      the person being written to ("basecat@...")

      Being as none of the Magara/Majielski line served, to my knowledge, in any
      part of the American Civil War, much less the Western Theater, the whole thing
      was hopelessly off-topic. My apologies. ;)

      Laurie (Xan) Chambliss
      Civil War Interactive
      www.almshouse.com

      "L.A. Chambliss" wrote:

      > Hey Steve,
      >
      > I can top that one...this is the history of my sister's husband's family.
      > Back in Poland around the end of the last century the choices for a young
      > man varied between involuntary enlistment in the German or the Russian
      > armies, depending on whose "recruiters" swept through your village as you
      > turned military age.
    • L.A. Chambliss
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 12, 1999