Re: [civilwarwest] Re: Grant's victory

  • LWhite64@aol.com
    Message 1 of 80 , Feb 2, 2001
      Many true remarks about the Stones River Battlefield, but they do have the
      land that had the final Union line on it, and the area that Sheridan defended
      tooth and nail, so it would be worth seeing with an ancestor in the 88th.

      Lee
    • ParrotheadDan@avenew.com
      Message 80 of 80 , Feb 7, 2001
        --- In civilwarwest@y..., sdwakefield@p... wrote:
        > I believe that Rosey's Chief of Staff at Murfreesboro was Colonel
        > Julius Garesche' a native of Cuba. Sadly he did have his head shot
        > off during December 31, 1862. I believe that Garfield was Garesche's
        > replacement.
        > Regards-
        > Wakefield

        Steve,

        I beleive you to be correct.And as I recall, Rosey was next to
        him when it happened.----Dan