Re: Grant's victory

  • aldrichr@dsmo.com
    Message 1 of 80 , Feb 2, 2001
      My GGF, Francis T. Sherman, was also at Stones River, his first big
      battle. He commanded the 88th Ill., in Sheridan's Division, which
      lost quite a few men. I will dig out my Dad's book of his letters and
      see if he had anything interesting to say about it. What does the
      battlefield look like today?

      Bob Aldrich

    • ParrotheadDan@avenew.com
      Message 80 of 80 , Feb 7, 2001
        --- In civilwarwest@y..., sdwakefield@p... wrote:
        > I believe that Rosey's Chief of Staff at Murfreesboro was Colonel
        > Julius Garesche' a native of Cuba. Sadly he did have his head shot
        > off during December 31, 1862. I believe that Garfield was Garesche's
        > replacement.
        > Regards-
        > Wakefield

        Steve,

        I beleive you to be correct.And as I recall, Rosey was next to
        him when it happened.----Dan