Re: [civilwarwest] Grant's victory

  • M. E. Heatherington
    Message 1 of 80 , Feb 2, 2001
      Andy/Clyde:
      Is this the great fight where both generals,
      Rosecrans and Bragg, decided to try the
      famous "wheel" or turning movement that Hattaway
      and Jones like so much (HOW THE NORTH WON)?
      Only Bragg woke up first; otherwise, they'd have
      spun around each other?
      I've been to the NPS site in a pouring rain
      storm; it was hard to get a clear mental image
      of the action (but sure was a salutary lesson
      about the power of mud!).
      -Madelon

      Message 80 of 80 , Feb 7, 2001
        --- In civilwarwest@y..., sdwakefield@p... wrote:
        > I believe that Rosey's Chief of Staff at Murfreesboro was Colonel
        > Julius Garesche' a native of Cuba. Sadly he did have his head shot
        > off during December 31, 1862. I believe that Garfield was Garesche's
        > replacement.
        > Regards-
        > Wakefield

        Steve,

        I beleive you to be correct.And as I recall, Rosey was next to
        him when it happened.----Dan