Whattheheck

  • Chris Huff
    Message 1 of 28 , Jan 31, 2001
      Dear Folks,

      Chris Huff
      Atlanta, GA
    • L. A. Chambliss
      Message 2 of 28 , Jan 31, 2001
        Well, let's experiment here. I haven't done anything since the
        egroups-Yahoogroups transition, or joined anything new. If this post goes
        through maybe everything worked as seamlessly as they promised.

        Laurie C.
        Civil War Interactive
        www.civilwarinteractive.com

      • carlw4514@juno.com
        Message 3 of 28 , Jan 31, 2001

          writes:
          > Dear Folks,
          >
          > I belong to two of these formerly e-group groups and it looks like
          > you need to sign up on yahoo to be able to post anything. The
          > address to join this group at yahoo is
          > http://www.groups.yahoo.com/group/civilwarwest .
          >
          > Chris Huff
          > Atlanta, GA

          GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
          http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
        • Baron VonTecumseh
          Message 4 of 28 , Jan 31, 2001
            On 31-Jan-01, P. B. Jones <jones@...> wrote:

            The only difference I've noted at all is that one day it said "YAHOO!". ;) No adjustments or re-subscribing necessary. We can proceed as normal.

            Pat

            carlw4514@... wrote:

            > maybe so...I didn't have to do anything, but seems like a lot less
            > activity now
            >
            > On Wed, 31 Jan 2001 11:40:29 -0500 "Chris Huff" <pearlgrl@...>
            > writes:
            > > Dear Folks,
            > >
            > > I belong to two of these formerly e-group groups and it looks like
            > > you need to sign up on yahoo to be able to post anything. The
            > > address to join this group at yahoo is
            > > http://www.groups.yahoo.com/group/civilwarwest .
            > >
            > > Chris Huff
            > > Atlanta, GA
            >Ya go to that yahoo address,register,and thats all,come on folks,this isn,t that tuff! The Baron
            > GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
            > http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
            =20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
            www. .com=20
            =20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
            =20=20=20=20=20=20
            =20=20=20=20=20=20
          • P. B. Jones
            Message 5 of 28 , Jan 31, 2001

              carlw4514@... wrote:

              > maybe so...I didn't have to do anything, but seems like a lot less
              > activity now
              >
              > On Wed, 31 Jan 2001 11:40:29 -0500 "Chris Huff" <pearlgrl@...>
              > writes:
              > > Dear Folks,
              > >
              > > I belong to two of these formerly e-group groups and it looks like
              > > you need to sign up on yahoo to be able to post anything. The
              > > address to join this group at yahoo is
              > > http://www.groups.yahoo.com/group/civilwarwest .
              > >
              > > Chris Huff
              > > Atlanta, GA

              > GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
              > Join Juno today!  For your FREE software, visit:
              > http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

            • Linda Taylor
              Message 6 of 28 , Jan 31, 2001
                A friend on another list told me that if you go to the "groups" list and try
                to change anything then Yahoo rears it's head and you then have to sign up
                and change everything over to Yahoo. I haven't gone to the groups list to
                make changes and everthing still works the same for me. Lynda in SC

              • aldrichr@dsmo.com
                Message 7 of 28 , Feb 1, 2001
                  I had to resubscribe. My previous identity was wiped out, and when I
                  tried to resubscribe, after desperately trying to remember my former
                  ID, I had to pick a new one because it was taken (Yahoo being such a
                  huge outfit). Grrrrr!

                  Bob Aldrich
                • delete esq.
                  Message 8 of 28 , Feb 1, 2001
                    to register or not to register... that is the question

                    >From: aldrichr@...
                    >To: civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com
                    >Subject: Re: [civilwarwest] Whattheheck
                    >Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 16:02:30 -0000
                    >
                    >I had to resubscribe. My old "handle" was wiped out, and when I
                    >tried to use it again, it was taken (I guess because Yahoo has such a
                    >huge membership). Grrrr!

                  • Chris Huff
                    Message 9 of 28 , Feb 1, 2001
                      Bob Aldrich wrote:

                      > I had to resubscribe. My old "handle" was wiped out, and when I
                      > tried to use it again, it was taken (I guess because Yahoo has such a
                      > huge membership). Grrrr!

                      I hope it wasn't "Bambi" :-) I chose fionafairfancy. I *knew* nobody would
                      ever pick that!

                      Chris Huff
                      Atlanta, GA
                    • Baron VonTecumseh
                      Message 10 of 28 , Feb 1, 2001
                        On 1-Feb-01, Chris Huff <pearlgrl@...> wrote:
                        Bob Aldrich wrote:

                        > I had to resubscribe. My old "handle" was wiped out, and when I
                        > tried to use it again, it was taken (I guess because Yahoo has such a
                        > huge membership). Grrrr!

                        I hope it wasn't "Bambi" :-) I chose fionafairfancy. I *knew* nobody would
                        ever pick that!

                        Chris Huff
                        Atlanta, GA
                        I had the same problem,with my handle,I think,our handles,got transfered to yahoo,but,when we go to register to yahoo,the computer thinks our handles are being used.
                        Baron vonTecumseh
                      • jaaah@tbcnet.com
                        Message 11 of 28 , Feb 1, 2001
                          So, Chris, you're taking my handle, eh? Oh well. There are others, I guess. ;-)

                          Addison

                        • jaaah@tbcnet.com
                          Message 12 of 28 , Feb 1, 2001
                            So, Chris, you're taking my handle, eh? Oh well. There are others, I guess. ;-)

                            Addison

                            > I hope it wasn't "Bambi" :-) I chose fionafairfancy. I *knew* nobody would
                            > ever pick that!
                            >
                            > Chris Huff
                            > Atlanta, GA

                          • Linda Taylor
                            Message 13 of 28 , Feb 1, 2001
                              Never volunteer, never register. Lynda in SC

                              > to register or not to register... that is the question
                              >

                              > >From: aldrichr@...
                              > >To: civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com
                              > >Subject: Re: [civilwarwest] Whattheheck
                              > >Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 16:02:30 -0000
                              > >
                              > >I had to resubscribe. My old "handle" was wiped out, and when I
                              > >tried to use it again, it was taken (I guess because Yahoo has such a
                              > >huge membership). Grrrr!

                            • Linda Taylor
                              Message 14 of 28 , Feb 1, 2001

                              • ParrotheadDan@avenew.com
                                Message 15 of 28 , Feb 2, 2001
                                  --- In civilwarwest@y..., aldrichr@d... wrote:
                                  > I had to resubscribe. My previous identity was wiped out, and when
                                  > tried to resubscribe, after desperately trying to remember my former
                                  > ID, I had to pick a new one because it was taken (Yahoo being such a
                                  > huge outfit). Grrrrr!
                                  >
                                  > Bob Aldrich

                                  I too,had to assume a new identity.However,my e-mail is listed
                                  in Paren's on the top of the message screen.Verrrrrrrrrrrrry strange.
                                  Dan
                                • ParrotheadDan@avenew.com
                                  Message 16 of 28 , Feb 2, 2001

                                    Message 17 of 28 , Feb 2, 2001
                                      i will never volunteer, but i can get conscripted...

                                      Message 18 of 28 , Feb 2, 2001