johnson ,hood or who ever

  • Michael Mason
    Message 1 of 166 , Jan 9, 2001
      I,ve read the responses of Johnson or Hood, by that time,it wasn,t who could the south get to win in the west.No it was all in Shermans hands.If Sherman didn,t make a major mistake he was going to win.No matter who was leading theAoT.Sherman had to big a machine for the AoT to deal with by that time in the war.Hind sight being 20/20,The south should have Quit after Gettys and Vicks.But holding out till the 64 election did make some sense.But after Abe was reelected and Sherman taking Atlanta and Lee cornered in Petersburg.It was simply Murder to keep the fight going.It would have saved a lot of property damage from happening on Shermans Marches and just what did the south think could possibly happen to win after the 64 election.Not to mention ,quiting after the 64 election would have saved the lives of thousands of southern chickens and turkeys.And would have saved the north quitea few books of matches! And heart breaking battles like Franklin should not have ever happened. !
      MM
    • delete esq.
      Message 166 of 166 , Feb 1, 2001
        could you share the classics then?