Re: [civilwarwest] Last Home of Jefferson Davis se a blaze by arsonist

  • GnrlJEJohnston@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 8, 2004
      I have visited Beauvoir many times since I was stationed at Keesler for three and a half years.  I do encourage anyone who goes down to Biloxi to visit there and also Ft Massachusettes on Ship Island.  Years ago, Gulf Park Military Academy was next door to Beauvoir and their cadets wore uniforms not unlike those at WP or VMI.  The Air Force bought out the school in 1951 and made their buildings headquarters for the Air Training Command.

      I do agree totally with one of the links, that as a result of this near devistating tradegy, that a new sprinkling system is needed and should be installed asap.

      JEJ