Whattheheck

  • Chris Huff
    Message 1 of 28 , Jan 31, 2001
      Dear Folks,

      Chris Huff
      Atlanta, GA
    • Chris Huff
      Message 2 of 28 , Jan 31, 2001
        Dear Folks,

        Chris Huff
        Atlanta, GA
      • L. A. Chambliss
        Message 3 of 28 , Jan 31, 2001
          Well, let's experiment here. I haven't done anything since the
          egroups-Yahoogroups transition, or joined anything new. If this post goes
          through maybe everything worked as seamlessly as they promised.

          Laurie C.
          Civil War Interactive
          www.civilwarinteractive.com

          carlw4514@... wrote:

          > maybe so...I didn't have to do anything, but seems like a lot less
          > activity now
          >
          > On Wed, 31 Jan 2001 11:40:29 -0500 "Chris Huff" <pearlgrl@...>
          > writes:
          > > Dear Folks,
          > >
          > > I belong to two of these formerly e-group groups and it looks like
          > > you need to sign up on yahoo to be able to post anything. The
          > > address to join this group at yahoo is
          > > http://www.groups.yahoo.com/group/civilwarwest .
          > >
          > > Chris Huff
          > > Atlanta, GA

          > GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
          > http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

        • L. A. Chambliss
          Message 4 of 28 , Jan 31, 2001

          • carlw4514@juno.com
            Message 5 of 28 , Jan 31, 2001

              Message 6 of 28 , Jan 31, 2001

                writes:
                > Dear Folks,
                >
                > I belong to two of these formerly e-group groups and it looks like
                > you need to sign up on yahoo to be able to post anything. The
                > address to join this group at yahoo is
                > http://www.groups.yahoo.com/group/civilwarwest .
                >
                > Chris Huff
                > Atlanta, GA

                GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
                http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
              • Baron VonTecumseh
                Message 7 of 28 , Jan 31, 2001
                  On 31-Jan-01, P. B. Jones <jones@...> wrote:

                  The only difference I've noted at all is that one day it said "YAHOO!". ;) No adjustments or re-subscribing necessary. We can proceed as normal.

                  Pat

                  carlw4514@... wrote:

                  > maybe so...I didn't have to do anything, but seems like a lot less
                  > activity now
                  >
                  > On Wed, 31 Jan 2001 11:40:29 -0500 "Chris Huff" <pearlgrl@...>
                  > writes:
                  > > Dear Folks,
                  > >
                  > > I belong to two of these formerly e-group groups and it looks like
                  > > you need to sign up on yahoo to be able to post anything. The
                  > > address to join this group at yahoo is
                  > > http://www.groups.yahoo.com/group/civilwarwest .
                  > >
                  > > Chris Huff
                  > > Atlanta, GA
                  >Ya go to that yahoo address,register,and thats all,come on folks,this isn,t that tuff! The Baron
                  > GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
                  > http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                  =20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
                  www. .com=20
                  =20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
                  =20=20=20=20=20=20
                  =20=20=20=20=20=20
                • Baron VonTecumseh
                  Message 8 of 28 , Jan 31, 2001

                    carlw4514@... wrote:

                    > maybe so...I didn't have to do anything, but seems like a lot less
                    > activity now
                    >
                    > On Wed, 31 Jan 2001 11:40:29 -0500 "Chris Huff" <pearlgrl@...>
                    > writes:
                    > > Dear Folks,
                    > >
                    > > I belong to two of these formerly e-group groups and it looks like
                    > > you need to sign up on yahoo to be able to post anything. The
                    > > address to join this group at yahoo is
                    > > http://www.groups.yahoo.com/group/civilwarwest .
                    > >
                    > > Chris Huff
                    > > Atlanta, GA
                    >Ya go to that yahoo address,register,and thats all,come on folks,this isn,t that tuff! The Baron
                    > GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
                    > http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                    =20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
                    www. .com=20
                    =20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
                    =20=20=20=20=20=20
                    =20=20=20=20=20=20
                  • P. B. Jones
                    Message 9 of 28 , Jan 31, 2001

                      carlw4514@... wrote:

                      > maybe so...I didn't have to do anything, but seems like a lot less
                      > activity now
                      >
                      > On Wed, 31 Jan 2001 11:40:29 -0500 "Chris Huff" <pearlgrl@...>
                      > writes:
                      > > Dear Folks,
                      > >
                      > > I belong to two of these formerly e-group groups and it looks like
                      > > you need to sign up on yahoo to be able to post anything. The
                      > > address to join this group at yahoo is
                      > > http://www.groups.yahoo.com/group/civilwarwest .
                      > >
                      > > Chris Huff
                      > > Atlanta, GA

                      > GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
                      > Join Juno today!  For your FREE software, visit:
                      > http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

                    • P. B. Jones
                      Message 10 of 28 , Jan 31, 2001

                        carlw4514@... wrote:

                        > maybe so...I didn't have to do anything, but seems like a lot less
                        > activity now
                        >
                        > On Wed, 31 Jan 2001 11:40:29 -0500 "Chris Huff" <pearlgrl@...>
                        > writes:
                        > > Dear Folks,
                        > >
                        > > I belong to two of these formerly e-group groups and it looks like
                        > > you need to sign up on yahoo to be able to post anything. The
                        > > address to join this group at yahoo is
                        > > http://www.groups.yahoo.com/group/civilwarwest .
                        > >
                        > > Chris Huff
                        > > Atlanta, GA

                        > GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
                        > Join Juno today!  For your FREE software, visit:
                        > http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

                      • Linda Taylor
                        Message 11 of 28 , Jan 31, 2001
                          A friend on another list told me that if you go to the "groups" list and try
                          to change anything then Yahoo rears it's head and you then have to sign up
                          and change everything over to Yahoo. I haven't gone to the groups list to
                          make changes and everthing still works the same for me. Lynda in SC
                          > The only difference I've noted at all is that one day it said "YAHOO!".
                          ;) No adjustments or re-subscribing necessary. We can proceed as normal.

                          > Pat

                        • Linda Taylor

                          • aldrichr@dsmo.com
                            Message 13 of 28 , Feb 1 8:04 AM
                              I had to resubscribe. My previous identity was wiped out, and when I
                              tried to resubscribe, after desperately trying to remember my former
                              ID, I had to pick a new one because it was taken (Yahoo being such a
                              huge outfit). Grrrrr!

                              Bob Aldrich
                            • aldrichr@dsmo.com

                                Message 15 of 28 , Feb 1 8:28 AM
                                  to register or not to register... that is the question

                                  Message 16 of 28 , Feb 1 8:28 AM
                                    to register or not to register... that is the question

                                    >From: aldrichr@...
                                    >To: civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com
                                    >Subject: Re: [civilwarwest] Whattheheck
                                    >Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 16:02:30 -0000
                                    >
                                    >I had to resubscribe. My old "handle" was wiped out, and when I
                                    >tried to use it again, it was taken (I guess because Yahoo has such a
                                    >huge membership). Grrrr!

                                  • Chris Huff
                                    Message 17 of 28 , Feb 1 4:43 PM
                                      Bob Aldrich wrote:

                                      > I had to resubscribe. My old "handle" was wiped out, and when I
                                      > tried to use it again, it was taken (I guess because Yahoo has such a
                                      > huge membership). Grrrr!

                                      I hope it wasn't "Bambi" :-) I chose fionafairfancy. I *knew* nobody would
                                      ever pick that!

                                      Chris Huff
                                      Atlanta, GA
                                    • Chris Huff
                                      Message 18 of 28 , Feb 1 4:43 PM

                                        Message 19 of 28 , Feb 1 4:51 PM
                                          On 1-Feb-01, Chris Huff <pearlgrl@...> wrote:
                                          Bob Aldrich wrote:

                                          > I had to resubscribe. My old "handle" was wiped out, and when I
                                          > tried to use it again, it was taken (I guess because Yahoo has such a
                                          > huge membership). Grrrr!

                                          I hope it wasn't "Bambi" :-) I chose fionafairfancy. I *knew* nobody would
                                          ever pick that!

                                          Chris Huff
                                          Atlanta, GA
                                          I had the same problem,with my handle,I think,our handles,got transfered to yahoo,but,when we go to register to yahoo,the computer thinks our handles are being used.
                                          Baron vonTecumseh
                                        • Baron VonTecumseh
                                          Message 20 of 28 , Feb 1 4:51 PM

                                          • jaaah@tbcnet.com
                                            Message 21 of 28 , Feb 1 5:13 PM
                                              So, Chris, you're taking my handle, eh? Oh well. There are others, I guess. ;-)

                                              Addison

                                            • jaaah@tbcnet.com
                                              Message 22 of 28 , Feb 1 5:13 PM
                                                So, Chris, you're taking my handle, eh? Oh well. There are others, I guess. ;-)

                                                Addison

                                                > I hope it wasn't "Bambi" :-) I chose fionafairfancy. I *knew* nobody would
                                                > ever pick that!
                                                >
                                                > Chris Huff
                                                > Atlanta, GA

                                              • Linda Taylor
                                                Message 23 of 28 , Feb 1 9:53 PM
                                                  Never volunteer, never register. Lynda in SC

                                                  > to register or not to register... that is the question
                                                  >

                                                  > >From: aldrichr@...
                                                  > >To: civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com
                                                  > >Subject: Re: [civilwarwest] Whattheheck
                                                  > >Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 16:02:30 -0000
                                                  > >
                                                  > >I had to resubscribe. My old "handle" was wiped out, and when I
                                                  > >tried to use it again, it was taken (I guess because Yahoo has such a
                                                  > >huge membership). Grrrr!

                                                • Linda Taylor
                                                  Message 24 of 28 , Feb 1 9:53 PM

                                                  • ParrotheadDan@avenew.com
                                                    Message 25 of 28 , Feb 2 6:39 AM
                                                      --- In civilwarwest@y..., aldrichr@d... wrote:
                                                      > I had to resubscribe. My previous identity was wiped out, and when
                                                      > tried to resubscribe, after desperately trying to remember my former
                                                      > ID, I had to pick a new one because it was taken (Yahoo being such a
                                                      > huge outfit). Grrrrr!
                                                      >
                                                      > Bob Aldrich

                                                      I too,had to assume a new identity.However,my e-mail is listed
                                                      in Paren's on the top of the message screen.Verrrrrrrrrrrrry strange.
                                                      Dan
                                                    • ParrotheadDan@avenew.com
                                                      Message 26 of 28 , Feb 2 6:39 AM

                                                        Message 27 of 28 , Feb 2 8:23 AM
                                                          i will never volunteer, but i can get conscripted...

                                                          Message 28 of 28 , Feb 2 8:23 AM