FW: GDG

  • Bob Huddleston
    Message 1 of 2 , May 10, 2004
      For those who are members of the Gettysburg Discussion Group and wonder
      what has happened to it, I am forwarding this.

      Take care,

      Bob

      Judy and Bob Huddleston
      10643 Sperry Street
      Northglenn, CO 80234-3612
      303.451.6376 Huddleston.r@...

      If there are other members that you have email addresses for perhaps you can
      pass Jim's forward on........Jim Ferguson

      >Subject: Fw: GDG
      >

      >FYI
      >
      >Jim Cameron
      >
      >Sent: Sunday, May 09, 2004 6:53 PM
      >Subject: GDG
      >

      >> I am sending this from my yahoo accunt as my email server, along with
      >> the gdg has been down for most of a week. I have heard some absolute
      >> nonsense floating arund the net that the GDG is "dead". About the
      >> only thing that will be 'dead" when this is all over is my bank
      >> acunt. i am out of pocket $3,000 so far and have two guys who bill
      >> $60 an hour sitting in m,y office as we speak trying to get us back
      >> up.
      >>
      >> The problem is all hardware-are old email server died-we tried to
      >> patch it back togehter but late wed i decided to bite the bullet and
      >> replace it. i had a custom sever built-2.2 gig processor, gig of ram
      >> and a 80 gig hard drive. the server was delivered late riday and my
      >> techie people are working on getting everything transfereed to the
      >> new system, the routers properly onfgured, yada, yada, yada.
      >>
      >> I know the GDG memebers are frsutrated but i think sometimes
      >> evreryone forgets my business runs off this server also-its been a
      >> nightmare. The GDG bought a new WEB servr last year which, although
      >> disconected from the net right now, still works fine. the email
      >> server has always been mine as will the cost of replacing it.
      >> We Should be back up tonight( we hope).
      >>
      >> I have Also heard concern that the muster would be cancelled. Why? I
      >> hardly think an email server going donw would have any efect on the
      >> muster-it will go on as it always has-albeit without my presence. So
      >> please pass the word along-be patient-all will soon be be back to
      >> nornal

      >> Win a $20,000 Career Makeover at Yahoo! HotJobs
      >> http://hotjobs.sweepstakes.yahoo.com/careermakeover

    • P. B. Jones
      Message 2 of 2 , May 10, 2004
        Bob -

        Thank you for passing along this information.