Re: [civilwarwest] Re: McMurry Review Citation

  • Jfepperson@aol.com
    Message 1 of 14 , May 5, 2004
      In a message dated 5/5/2004 1:01:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time, dmsmith001@... writes:

      > The McDonough Atlanta book was, to the best of my
      > knowledge, McDonough's first.

      I owned his Shiloh book long before the Atlanta one
      came out. The Atlanta book has a 1991 publication
      date (I *think*) and Amazon indicates the Shiloh book
      was published in 1983.

      I think his work is very superficial. Most of us could
      do as well.

      I do recall, before I learned of the plagerism issue,
      seeing folks refer to Castel's book as the *first*
      book-length treatment of the campaign, and wondering
      why the McDonough-Jones book was being ignored.

      JFE