Opinion's on Daniel book?

  • Marc Grad
    Message 1 of 6 , May 4 4:21 AM
      Quiet in here.

      So has anyone started reading the Daniel book yet? How is it?
    • Tom Mix
      Message 2 of 6 , May 4 10:56 AM
        I just got mine in the mail an hour or so ago. Haven't had time to look
        at it yet but at least I have it and am happy about that.
        Tom M.

        Message 3 of 6 , May 4 11:51 AM
          One thing I noticed about the copy I scanned in the bookstore was
          that the footnotes are at the bottom of every page rather then all
          collected at the end of the book.

          I like that. Saves me needing to constantly flip between the page
          I'm reading and the section with the footnotes in the back.

          Marc

          --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Mix" <tmix@i...> wrote:
          > I just got mine in the mail an hour or so ago. Haven't had time to
          look
          > at it yet but at least I have it and am happy about that.
          > Tom M.

        • James W. Durney
          Message 4 of 6 , May 4 3:47 PM
            --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "Marc Grad" <heidimarc@m...>
            wrote:
            > Quiet in here.
            >
            > So has anyone started reading the Daniel book yet? How is it?

            I've read past Shiloh and am very impressed. The "story" moves with
            a good level of detail. He seems fair to all parties, doing a
            good "warts & all" look at each of them. No one is an outstanding
            general at this time and that is clear. I'm very happy with the
            book and enjoying it.

            James2044

            PS: It isn't I have so much time to read but rather that I was one
            of the 1st to get the book.