Re: Digest Number 1736

  • carlw4514
    Message 1 of 6 , May 2, 2004
      Well, well, elusive indeed. How are things going for you, Professor [emeritus] Hart?
      Carl aka Unre

      --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "Hart" <jaaah@t...> wrote:
      > Aye, aye, happy birthday, Shotgun!
      >
      > God bless,
      > Addison
      > (The Ever Elusive)
    • Marc Grad
      Message 2 of 6 , May 4, 2004
        Quiet in here.

        So has anyone started reading the Daniel book yet? How is it?
      • Tom Mix
        Message 3 of 6 , May 4, 2004
          I just got mine in the mail an hour or so ago. Haven't had time to look
          at it yet but at least I have it and am happy about that.
          Tom M.

          Message 4 of 6 , May 4, 2004
            One thing I noticed about the copy I scanned in the bookstore was
            that the footnotes are at the bottom of every page rather then all
            collected at the end of the book.

            I like that. Saves me needing to constantly flip between the page
            I'm reading and the section with the footnotes in the back.

            Marc

            --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Mix" <tmix@i...> wrote:
            > I just got mine in the mail an hour or so ago. Haven't had time to
            look
            > at it yet but at least I have it and am happy about that.
            > Tom M.

          • James W. Durney
            Message 5 of 6 , May 4, 2004
              --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "Marc Grad" <heidimarc@m...>
              wrote:
              > Quiet in here.
              >
              > So has anyone started reading the Daniel book yet? How is it?

              I've read past Shiloh and am very impressed. The "story" moves with
              a good level of detail. He seems fair to all parties, doing a
              good "warts & all" look at each of them. No one is an outstanding
              general at this time and that is clear. I'm very happy with the
              book and enjoying it.

              James2044

              PS: It isn't I have so much time to read but rather that I was one
              of the 1st to get the book.