Re: Baxter Springs

  • Marc Grad
    Message 1 of 5 , May 2, 2004
      --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, Dave Gorski <bigg@m...> wrote:
      > Does anyone have any information on the Battle of Baxter Springs,
      my
      > great-great-great grandfather was a member of Co. I 3rd Wis Cav?
      >
      > "Military History of Wisconsin in the War for the Union," by
      > E. B. Quiner, 1866;
      > page 915
      >
      > You can find further accounts of the action in "Quantrill's War,"
      > by Duane Schultz, pages 255 - 258.
      >
      > Regards, Dave Gorski

      In addition, Alvin M. Josephy, Jr in his "The Civil War in the
      American West" has a small blurb about Baxter Springs on pages 373-
      374.
    • Marc Grad
      Message 2 of 5 , May 2, 2004
        Also you can check the official records.

        Series 1 - Volume XXII part 1 (serial #32. Pages 688-690 have the
        after action report of Major General James Blunt. Baxter Springs and
        the 3rd Wisc. are mentioned several times.
      • Larry Blazek
        Message 3 of 5 , May 4, 2004
          Thank you Dave and Marc.

          Larry